Osprey has exceeded expectations with their Talon series. Talon backpacks are lightweight and comfortable, and can be used for many different activities. But which Talon is right for you? Below are the specifications and uses of each pack. Following that are some guidelines as to how you can go about choosing just the right Talon to meet your needs.
• Talon 44 – this largest of the Talon series is a top loader and is big enough to take on weekend trips. It has an alloy frame which keeps the load stable. It is designed to carry loads of between 25 and 40 pounds (15.- 23 kg.). This pack would be perfect for someone who often went on overnight or weekend hiking or camping trips. It has a convenient attachment for trekking poles as well.
• Talon 33 – also a top loader, this bag is very versatile. It has a blinker light attachment, great for bikers, trekking pole attachment for hikers, a tow loop for adventure racers, and a climbing rope attachment for climbers. So if you are someone who alternates sports, this bag is for you.
• Talon 22 – This bag can do double duty as a hiking day pack and an everyday sort of backpack to take to work or for weekend overnighters. It is a panel loader, which allows easy access to the contents of the bag. For climbers, bikers or bike commuters, there is a helmet attachment point on the front of the bag.
• Talon 11 – This small day pack could be thought of as a hydration pack with extra space. It is perfect for short day hikes or rides. It also has an attachment point for a helmet and a tow loop. If you need extra space, there is bungee webbing on the front where extra gear can be strapped.
• Talon 5.5 – This hydration pack is perfect for when you don’t want a lot of extra weight and don’t need a lot of extra gear. It is a secure way to bring your water.
All the Talon backpacks have great suspension and Osprey’s Airscape back panel to keep you cool.